Friday, December 11, 2009

Queenstown

I am still trying to catch up on what I did during my last vacation. I have another post after this one believe it or not!
I don't have any pictures of the trip to Queenstown because I slept the entire way. We hitched a ride on a Real Journeys tour bus that had a bunch of free seats. The bus driver told some really bad jokes that no one got because they were all Korean tourists. We weren't supposed to tell them our seats were free so I came up with a story that we were kings so we got to ride for free.


The hostel we stayed at was called "Bumbles." I was hoping the person working there would be wearing black and yellow striped cloths with a glittery antenna hair band thingy, but was I disappointed to find that she was just wearing regular cloths.


We ate at the famous Fergburger and then proceeded to hit the bars at 8:00 pm. We first went to this place called Flux Delux which was having a trivia night. Rowan, Philipe, and I formed a team. We did pretty well in the first three or four rounds, but went down hill from there, fast. This photo was taken at the second bar we attended, called Buffalo. They had two for one jagger bombs there, but I didn't do any because I'm a good boy... oh wait, who put that picture on here?!? Oops.


Then we went to World Bar where one can buy teapots full of booze. Here rowan has two for himself. I just drank Mountain Dew.


And much dancing ensued. ThE eNd.

P.S. At about 2am, the DJ's computers screwed up and a dance floor full of people was left with no music to dance to. They then became rowdy and within 15 minutes, about 3/4 of the bar patrons were gone. Lesson to learn: if you are a DJ, make sure your computers have some special backup thingy so that the music doesn't stop for extended time periods.

1 comment:

Randi Larson said...

Great to see sunny pictures of the spectacular vistas and glad to see you having fun with good friends.Dad showed your blog to everyone at the bridge club party and they all want to see more of the exploits of Andrew in New Zealand.